Creating a Culture of Innovation: EI and Lateral Thinking Skills for Leaders
Leaders that catalyze innovation in their employees and teams have both lateral thinking skills and emotional intelligence. With these skillsets, they create a culture where productive innovation can happen.
This course empowers you with the tools you need to activate innovative thinking in your employees and teams. You get the necessary emotional intelligence skills and a repeatable lateral thinking process, both of which you can immediately use with your teams. Further, you get assessments that can help you make the necessary adjustments to move your teams toward productive innovation. You will:
- Learn about your own work preferences using the DiSC assessment tool
- Apply the DiSC theory to better understand and interact with your team
- Use the MBTI assessment to learn about your own personal innovation style
- Apply MBTI theory to assess the innovation styles for individuals on your team
- Learn about the emotional intelligence factors necessary for individual and team innovation
- Develop strategies to create an emotionally intelligent team atmosphere that will maximize productive innovation
- Get a 4-step process to use with individuals and teams in order to encourage innovative breakthroughs and creative problem solving
- Use the Six Thinking Hats theory to evaluate new ideas
This course can incorporate specific business challenges or goals. By the end of the workshop, participants will have applied the processes outlined above to solve a challenge or meet a goal.
Creative Problem Solving: The Nuts and Bolts of Innovation
A culture of innovation ultimately rests on both individual creative skills and team innovation processes. This course helps individuals and teams develop the skills to make breakthroughs, keeping your company at the cutting-edge.
- Use emotional intelligence as individuals and a team to engender innovative thinking
- Use MBTI to discover the individual creative styles of themselves and their team
- Get a 4-step process for creative problem solving that can be applied to any business challenge
- Learn to use the Six Thinking Hats of Edward de Bono to test out and strategize these solutions
These skills are then applied to a specific business challenge or goal. By the end of the workshop, participants have possible innovative solutions for these challenges/goals.